Endoscopic Gynaecology at Acme Hospital
Endoscopic gynaecology is one of the most advanced and minimally invasive surgical fields that uses optical instruments to diagnose and treat various female reproductive disorders and conditions. At Acme Hospital, we have a team of highly qualified and experienced endoscopic gynaecologists who can provide you with the best possible care and outcomes.
Endoscopic gynaecology can be performed through two main approaches: hysteroscopy and laparoscopy.
- Hysteroscopy: This is a procedure that involves inserting a thin, flexible tube with a camera and light (hysteroscope) through the vagina and cervix into the uterus. It allows the doctor to examine the inside of the uterus and perform various procedures, such as removing polyps, fibroids, adhesions, or septa. Hysteroscopy can help diagnose and treat conditions such as abnormal uterine bleeding, infertility, recurrent miscarriage, or abnormal pap smear results
- Laparoscopy: This is a procedure that involves making one or more small incisions in the abdomen and inserting a thin, rigid tube with a camera and light (laparoscope) and other surgical instruments. It allows the doctor to view and operate on the outside of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and other pelvic organs. Laparoscopy can help diagnose and treat conditions such as endometriosis, ovarian cysts, ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, or tubal blockage
Endoscopic gynaecology has many advantages over conventional surgery, such as:
- Less pain, bleeding, scarring, infection, and recovery time
- Shorter hospital stay and faster return to normal activities
- Better visualization and precision of the surgical area
- Preservation of fertility and function of the reproductive organs
- Improved quality of life and satisfaction
At Acme Hospital, we use the latest techniques and technologies to ensure that our endoscopic gynaecology procedures are safe, effective, and comfortable. We also work closely with our patients to understand their needs and expectations and to provide them with personalized care and education
Some of the endoscopic gynaecology treatments we offer at Acme Hospital include:
- Endometrial ablation: This is a procedure that involves destroying the lining of the uterus (endometrium) using heat, cold, electricity, or laser. It can reduce or stop heavy menstrual bleeding in women who do not wish to have children in the future
- Tubal ligation: This is a procedure that involves cutting, tying, clipping, or sealing the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy. It is a permanent form of birth control that does not affect the menstrual cycle or hormone levels.
- Myomectomy: This is a procedure that involves removing benign tumors (fibroids) from the uterus. It can improve symptoms such as heavy bleeding, pelvic pain, pressure, or infertility. It can also preserve the fertility and function of the uterus.
- Ovarian cystectomy: This is a procedure that involves removing fluid-filled sacs (cysts) from the ovaries. It can relieve symptoms such as pain, bloating, or irregular periods. It can also preserve the fertility and function of the ovaries.
- Hysterectomy: This is a procedure that involves removing the uterus and sometimes the cervix, ovaries, or fallopian tubes. It can treat conditions such as uterine cancer, fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis, or abnormal bleeding. It can also prevent pregnancy and menstrual periods.