If you are facing difficulties in getting pregnant, you may have some problems in your reproductive organs that are affecting your fertility. These problems may include:
- Blockage or damage of the fallopian tubes, which carry the eggs from the ovaries to the uterus
- Growth of fibroids, polyps, or adhesions inside the uterus, which can interfere with the implantation of the embryo
- Endometriosis, which is a condition where the tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus and causes inflammation and scarring
- Ovarian cysts, which are fluid-filled sacs that develop on the ovaries and can affect ovulation
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which is a hormonal disorder that causes irregular periods and ovulation
- Abnormal shape or size of the uterus, which can be present since birth or acquired later in life
These problems can be diagnosed and treated by a minimally invasive surgical procedure called Fertility Enhancing Endoscopy. Fertility Enhancing Endoscopy is a term that covers two types of procedures: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
Laparoscopy is a procedure that allows the doctor to examine and operate on the organs inside the abdomen and pelvis using a thin, flexible tube called a laparoscope. The laparoscope has a camera and a light source at its tip, which sends images to a monitor. The doctor makes one or more small incisions in the abdomen and inserts the laparoscope and other surgical instruments through them. The doctor can then perform various actions, such as:
- Opening or removing blockages in the fallopian tubes
- Removing or destroying endometriosis lesions
- Removing ovarian cysts or drilling holes in the ovaries to stimulate ovulation
- Removing fibroids or adhesions from the outside of the uterus
- Removing or destroying fibroids, polyps, or adhesions from the inside of the uterus
- Correcting abnormal shape or size of the uterus
- Placing or removing intrauterine devices (IUDs) or other implants
- Less pain and bleeding
- Faster recovery and return to normal activities
- Lower risk of infection and complications
- Better cosmetic results due to smaller scars
- Higher success rates of pregnancy
If you are interested in Fertility Enhancing Endoscopy, please contact us today to book an appointment. We will conduct a thorough evaluation of your medical history, lifestyle, and fertility status, and recommend the best treatment plan for you. We will also answer any questions or concerns you may have along the way.
Don’t let infertility stop you from having a family. With Acme Hospital, you can turn your dream into reality.